MACHU PICCHU TOUR BY TRAIN
THE BEST PERU’S DESTINATION
UNCOVER THE HIDDEN WONDER
of the Incas “Machu Picchu tour by Train”
CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO STATION – AGUAS CALIENTES TOWN – MACHU PICCHU
Experience the wonder of Machu Picchu in a full day jouney Machu Picchu Tour By train, a UNESCO World Heritage site and the fourth wonder of the world, discovered by Hiram Bingham in 1911. This mystical destination is a harmonious blend of ancient human ingenuity and the lush, natural beauty of the Andes, nestled in the vibrant greenery of the upper Amazon. The mysterious history of Machu Picchu, guarded by its imposing mountains, remains partly veiled among its ancient structures.
Embark on a Machu Picchu tour by train, a journey that brings to life over 500 years of history created by a civilization ahead of its time. Starting from Cusco, travel aboard one of Peru’s oldest trains, offering panoramic views of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. This picturesque journey leads you to the heart of Machu Picchu, unveiling its timeless beauty and architectural marvels. Discover the essence of a bygone era and the enchanting allure of one of the world’s most iconic destinations.
OVERVIEW MACHU PICCHU TOUR BY TRAIN
- Duration: Full day
- Tour type: Cultural
- Machu Picchu elevation: 7,850 ft./2,400 mts.
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Group size: 2-8 people
- At 4:15 a.m. Pick you up from your Hotel in our private van
- Drive toward the train station Ollanta Tambo (train departs at 6:10 am)
- The train rides through the sacred valley giving fascinating views (1.30 hours)
- At 7:40 am Get off at the final stop of the train (Aguas Calientes Town) to go the bus station with your tour guide
- At 8:00 am ride the bus up to Machu Picchu for 25 minutes
- After 2 hours of tour, do the extra hike Huayna Picchu mountain, if you booked for.
- By 11:00 am ride the bus down to Aguas calientes town
- From 11:30 am you will have extra time to have lunch (not included), and explore a bit the town.
- At 2:25 p.m. at the train station (train leaves at 2:55 p.m.)
- At 4:31 p.m. pick up from the Ollantay Tambo station to drive back to Cusco.
- Around 6:30 pm we finish the tour dropping you off at your Hotel.
Machu Picchu Tour by Train: An Unforgettable Journey from Cusco
Embark on a breathtaking day tour to Machu Picchu by train, where you’ll witness the unparalleled beauty of the Peruvian Andes. Your journey begins with a panoramic train ride along the Urubamba River, through the rainforest to the town of Aguas Calientes. This route offers stunning views of snow-capped mountains and lush jungle landscapes.
CUSCO – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco early in the morning and drive you to the Ollantaytambo train station in the Sacred Valley in a private van. This is the beginning of your trip. You will join the Expedition train here, which will take you to Aguas Calientes and take around one and a half hours. The train will travel along the picturesque path of the Urubamba River.
When you arrive in Aguas Calientes, your guide will accompany you on the bus up to the Machu Picchu entrance; it will take around 25 minutes. When you arrive, you must show the entrance ticket and passport, and then you will take part in a private guided tour that lasts for two hours, during which you will learn about the history of the old city and see its most famous landmarks.
After a delightful tour, take a bus back to Aguas Calientes. You will have time to explore the town and have lunch (not included) before catching the train and boarding the Expedition train service back to Ollantaytambo in the afternoon. Our private vehicle will be waiting for you there to drive you back to Cusco, bringing an end to your memorable adventure.
The journey from Aguas Calientes to Cusco, which is in the other direction, takes around four hours.
– END OF YOUR MACHU PICCHU TRAIN TOUR –
MAP OF CLASSIC INCA TRAIL 4 DAYS
- Train to Machu Picchu with EXPEDITION train service or similar service (Round trip)
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- All transfers (from and to the hotel)
- 2 hour Guided Tour of the archeological site
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Bus to Machu Picchu (Round trip)
ESSENTIAL ITEMS FOR THE MACHU PICCHU TOUR BY TRAIN
- Original Passport
- Small day backpack
- Confortable walking shoes
- Rain jacket or plastic poncho
- A fleece or a thin jacket
- Sun screen, sun hat and insect repellent.
- Water in reusable bottles
- Personal medication
- ISIC card (if you are an student and qualify to the discount)
- $ 280.00 USD per person
- 02 People: $ 360.00 USD per person
- 03 People: $ 340.00 USD per person
- 04 People: $ 320.00 USD per person
- 05 People: $ 290.00 USD per person
- 06 People: $ 280.00 USD per person
- Huayna Picchu Mountain Hike: $ 85.00 USD per person
Upgrade VISTADOME Train service
- One way: $35.00 UDS
- Round trip: $70.00 USD
- Students aged between 18 to 24 with a valid student ID : $20 USD
- High school students aged 11 to 17 : $30 USD
- Children aged 2 to 11 : $40 USD
To apply the discount, students aged 18 to 24 must provide a copy of their passport and student ID at the time of booking. For more information, contact us at Info@allynpachaperutours.com
THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
HOW TO MAKE THE BOOKING OF MACHU PICCHU TOUR BY TRAIN?
In order to book Machu Picchu tour by train full day with Allyn Pacha, click on the BOOK NOW button or Here, then fill out the format choosing your prefer departure date, then, do the payment of your deposit of $200 per person, Once we get your deposit, sed us a copy or a good photo of the passports of each participant (required to purchase the ticket and get the permit) and on the last step we will send you a 100% confirmation of your trip.
WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF THE PAYMENT BALANCE?
The Inca trail classic 4 day outstanding balance can be made one day earlier your trip in cash USD or soles, and the Cash payment must be paid 1 day prior to your trip. If you prefer Pay on line Visa or Pay Pal at least one week prior to your trip (plus a 7% service fee).
MAY I CHANGE THE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER MACHU PICCHU TICKET HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
it’s a shame to tell that is not possible. Once is made the confirmation; the Machu Picchu and train Tickets will have already been bough. Peruvian government is strict in the limitation of ticket permits and regulations, where does not allow any changes. So that, permits are not transferable and refundable. Therefore, if you cancel your Machu Picchu tour by train, the deposit done is not refundable at all!
DO I NEED TO BRING MY PASSPORT?
Yes! Its mandatory to have the original passport to be checked at Machu Picchu and to aboard the train; which is very important that it has to be the same passport you sent us to book Machu Picchu Tour. In case, you are renewing your passport, please send us ASAP the copy of your old passport and bring both of them with you to secure your permit and ticket to do the trip.
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE?
Of course, will be a pleasure to put away your luggage at our company storage or at your hotel that is free for customers, whichever is more convenient for you. After your return of your Machu Picchu tour, we give you back.
Please, make sure to bring only need things for a day of Machu Picchu tour by train.
FREQUENTLY QUESTIONS ASKED ABOUT MACHU PICCHU TOUR BY TRAIN
Explore our extensive selection of connected excursions, each one customized to your unique requirements and sure to surpass your expectations.