SHORT INCA TRAIL 2 DAY
EXCLUSIVE HIKE EXPERIENCE TO MACHU PICCHU
FASCINATING ADVENTURE TRIP
Discovering the legendary classic Inca Trail 4 days
CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – KM 104 – WIÑAYWAYNA – MACHU PICCHU – AGUAS CALIENTES TOWN
Embark on the captivating “Inca Trail 2 day” excursion to the world-famous Machu Picchu. This journey is designed for those seeking a less strenuous but equally impressive route, who do not want to miss out on the complete Inca Trail experience. Our 2-day Inca Trail adventure highlights the enigmatic heritage of Peru, traversing ancient Incan relics such as Chachabamba and Wiñay Wayna, exclusive gems accessible only by this path.
Your adventure begins in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. As you ascend the authentic Inca Trail, prepare for the breathtaking finale at Machu Picchu. Witness this iconic site from the Sun Gate, bathed in the warm tones of the sunset, offering panoramic views.
The Inca Trail 2 day tour is not just a visual feast; it’s a journey through history, led by a professional guide who brings to life the stories and significance of each site. Experience the perfect blend of scenic beauty and historical exploration on this unforgettable excursion.
OVERVIEW INCA TRAIL 2 DAY
- Duration : 2 Days/ 1 Night
- Tour type : Hiking Trail, adventure, and culture.
- Accommodation : Hotel **
- Height gained : 550 meters/ 1,804 feet of height
- Distance : 12 km / 7.4 miles
- Walking time : 6 to 7 hours approximate
- Meals : Box Lunch, Dinner and 01 Breakfast
- Temperature : 8 ºC 46.4 F mini. / 28 ºC 82 F max.
- Physical difficulty : Regular
- At 4:15 a.m. Pick up from your hotel in our private van
- Drive toward the train station Ollantaytambo (train departs at 6:10 am)
- The train rides through the sacred valley giving fascinating views (1:10 hours)
- At 7:15 am Get off at the train stop Km 104 to start the hike with your professional tour guide
- 3 hours hiking up hill and explore along the trail two ancient Inca sites – Chachabamba and Wiñaywayna
- After satisfying your appetite with a delicious lunch, take an hour-long walk and bask in the exquisitely picturesque view from Sun gate.
- 40 minutes gentle downhill to get the main spot to take the popular Machu Picchu photos
- Catch the bus down to Aguas calientes (30 minutes)
- Check in at the hotel and take a refreshing hot shower (optional hot spring not included)
- At 7:00 pm in the evening spend savoring a delicious dinner at one of this quaint locale’s renowned restaurants
- After indulging in a sprawling early morning breakfast, your guide will come to take you back Machu Picchu’s ancient wonders.
- Get ready to explore the mysteries of Machu Picchu on your guided tour of 2 hours.
- Back down to Aguas calientes after your visit of Machu Picchu and have lunch (not included)
- At 2:30 p.m. at the train station (train leaves at 2:55 p.m.)
- At 4:35 p.m. pick up from the Ollantaytambo station to drive back to Cusco.
- Around 6:30 pm you will be finishing the tour dropping you off at your hotel.
BRIEF INCA TRAIL CLASSIC 2 DAY TREK INFORMATION
We know how important this vacation is for you, so we do not want you to have any doubts or lack anything during your trip to this wonder of the world. Therefore, all of our tours have a briefing at your hotel 1 to 2 days prior to departure. Our guide or office staff will provide you with a detailed description of your trek including their professional recommendations to ensure your comfort and enjoyment. They will answer all of your questions and address any last-minute concerns you may have. You can trust their expert suggestions because they’ve made this trek many times, with many groups, and with many types of people!
Our briefing is held at 7:00 pm in your Hotel, however you may change it by coordinating with us a week prior to departure.
FIRST DAY: CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – KM 104 – MACHUPICCHU – AGUAS CALIENTES TOWN
For your 4-day Inca Trail trek, we’ll pick you up at 4:30 a.m. in our private transport from your hotel, heading towards Km 82. En route, we’ll stop in the sacred valley at Ollantaytambo town for an optional breakfast and last-minute purchases like sunscreen or hats. Then, we continue to PISKACUCHO Km 82 (2,720 meters), at the base of Veronica Wakay Huillca (5,700 meters), where our cook and porters await with camping gear for a smooth ascent.
We pick you up from your hotel very early and drive toward the train station of Ollantaytambo, where we will board the train until kilometer 104 of the railway (1:10 hours approx.), where we will start our short Inca trail trek. On the way we will visit the archaeological place of “Chachabamba” located between the vegetation of the jungle at a height of 2,170 meters / 7,120 feet. After visiting and exploring the place, we will ascend to the fascinating archaeological center of “Wiñaywayna” located at 2,650 meters / 8,700 feet. Then you will have a guided tour of this beauty of “Wiñaywayna”; as well as its residential, agricultural and religious zones that tell a story lived through its construction.
At the the camp site of the same name we will have our lunch boxed (each one carry it), here we will see the porters and hikers who started the classic Inca trail 3 days before. Then we continue walking through an easy path (Inca flat road) rounded by slush tropical forest to “Intipunku” (sun gate) 2,720 meters / 8,923 feet, from where we can appreciate the city of “Machupicchu” at a distance, and then we will reach the citadel. After enjoying the classic photographs, we will ride the bus down to Aguas Calientes town (2,040 meters / 6,700 feet), where we stay the night in a hotel **
SECOND DAY: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
Your guide will pick you up from your hotel after your breakfast to take the bus to the citadel of “Machupicchu” and delight the sunrise of this magical place before the arrival of other tourists who come from Cusco and enjoy the tranquility of the lost city of the Incas on a guided tour, where you will visit the most important places in approximately 02 hours. Then, you will have time off to explore and take more pictures, and also be able to climb the mountains of Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu mt. (only if you made the reservation in advance).
In the afternoon you will back to the town of Aguas Calientes by bus, where you will have free time to lunch and go to the station to board the return EXPEDITION train to Ollantaytambo station (time approx.1: 45 hrs.) according the train service and schedule, and then we will take you to the hotel in the city of Cusco. Weary but satisfy we will finish this Short Inca Trail!
MAP OF CLASSIC INCA TRAIL 4 DAYS
- Professional tour guide (English and Spanish)
- Entrance ticket to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Bus ticket to Machu Picchu (round trip)
- Train tickets (Expedition service)
- Transfer: hotel – train station (round trip)
- Hotel **
- Food: first day Boxed Lunch, Dinner and second day Breakfast.
- 01 bottled water
PACKING LIST OF INCA TRAIL 2 DAY
We recommend that you take the necessary and lightweight in a backpack of 25 liters or more, so you can take your things and the boxed lunch, and thus, enjoy the trip better. Carrier service is not included.
- Original passport (the same one that you used to make the reservation)
- Backpack (must be very comfortable for all belongings and the lunch box)
- Mosquito repellent
- Sunblock, sunglasses and cap.
- Rainwear or rain poncho
- Comfortable hiking shoes
- Light clothing
- Hiking pants
- Shirts or t-shirts (we recommend long sleeved)
- Sun cap
- Trek sticks with rubber bands on the tip
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Extra mone
- High Season: $ 480.00 USD per person (May-Sept)
- Low Season: $ 400.00 USD per person (Oct-Apr)
Group size: 08 People
- 02 Hikers: $ 520.00 USD per person
- 03 Hikers: $ 500.00 USD per person
- 04 Hikers: $ 490.00 USD per person
- 05 Hikers: $ 480.00 USD per person
Upgrade VISTADOME Train service
- One way: $35.00 UDS
- Round trip: $70.00 USD
- Walking stick (1 pair): $ 10.00 USD
- Students aged between 18 to 24 with a valid student ID : $20 USD
- High school students aged 11 to 17 : $30 USD
- Children aged 2 to 11 : $30 USD
To apply the discount, students aged 18 to 24 must provide a copy of their passport and student ID at the time of booking. For more information, contact us at Info@allynpachaperutours.com
THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
HOW TO BOOK THE SHORT INCA TRAIL FOR 2 DAYS?
To book the short Inca Trail 2 day with Allyn Pacha Cusco, click the BOOK NOW option, complete out the booking form with your preferred departure date, and pay your $200 deposit per person. Once we receive your money, please email us a copy or a decent picture of each participant’s passport (which is necessary to buy the ticket and get the permission), and we will send you a 100% confirmation of your trip.
WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF THE PAYMENT BALANCE?
The short Inca trail 2 day outstanding balance can be made one day earlier your trip in cash USD or soles, and the Cash payment must be paid 1 day prior to your trip. If you prefer Pay on line Visa or Pay Pal at least one week prior to your trip (plus a 7% service fee).
MAY I CHANGE THE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE PERMITS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
Unfortunately, that is not feasible to say. Once confirmation has been received, permits for the brief Inca trail excursion will be purchased. The Peruvian government enforces stringent regulations and restrictions on ticket permits, prohibiting any modifications. Permits are therefore non-transferable and non-refundable.As a result, in the event of a cancellation for the Short Inca Trail tour, the deposit paid becomes non-refundable.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY PASSPORT?
Yes! Its mandatory to have the original passport to be checked at the Inca trail and Machu Picchu and is very important that it has to be the same passport you sent us to book your Inca Trail classic and Machu Picchu permit. In case, you are renewing your passport, please send us ASAP the copy of your old passport and bring both of them with you to secure your permit.
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE?
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE?
Of course, will be a pleasure to put away your luggage at our company storage or at your hotel that is free for customers, whichever is more convenient for you. After your return of your trip short Inca trail, we give you back.
Please, make sure to bring only need things during your Short Inca Trail 2 day.
WHAT IS THE SCHEDULE OF MY TRAIN TICKET?
We reserve afternoon trains so that we may have sufficient time to visit Machu Picchu and the trek. Our recommended Expedition train service departs from the Aguas Calientes train station at 2:55 pm arriving at the Ollantay Tambo train station at 4:40 pm. However, the reserve will be contingent upon the amount of space that is accessible, as it is the sole mode of transportation to reach the stations in closer proximity. Therefore, booking in advance is strongly advised.
Explore our extensive selection of connected excursions, each one customized to your unique requirements and sure to surpass your expectations.
What Travelers Say About Allyn Pacha
Real Reviews from Our Guests